Expert in cross-border transactions, he is an Of Counsel specialized on the restructuring and insolvency area, and a key player in the M&A department.
Considered as one of the most important lawyers in the sector by the international Chambers & Partners directory, it highlights his creativity and vision, being able to work on and develop the most complex legal cases.
In his more than 20 years of work experience applied to commercial law, Armando Betancor has advised hundreds of companies in bankruptcy, and has participated in processes of restructuring and insolvency of national and multinational companies. In addition, he is the insolvency administrator of the Petersen companies.
He holds a Law degree from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, a master’s degree in business law, and a master’s degree in urban planning and real estate law. He graduated from the Lawyers Management Program (LMP) from the London School of Economics and from the IE Law School. He is also a graduate of the Masterclass in Private Equity from the London Business School.
Member of the International Bar Association, the Turnaround Management Association and the Spanish Club of Arbitration, where he is part of the committee responsible for preparing a manual on best practices.
• Ranked in Band 2 of Chambers in the category of “Restructuring/ Insolvency: Administration – Spain (Europe)
• Ranked in Band 2 of Chambers in the category of “Litigation Funding: Brokers – UK – wide
• GTDT LITIGATION FUNDING 2020 – Spain, Co-autor
• GTDT LITIGATION FUNDING 2019 – Spain, Co-autor
• Chambers Insolvency 2019 (Q&A): Spain, Co-autor
TEL. +34 911 095 710
MÓV. +34 606 351 360