As expert in Administrative (Public Contracts), Civil, Commercial and Corporate Law, with a focus on construction matters, Luis Barber leads the Real Estate practice area.
He is also a key player in the restructuring and insolvency department. During his first professional years, he worked in the banking industry, where he specialized in Financial, Commercial and Civil matters.
Luis Barber holds a Law Degree from the University of Deusto (Bilbao) and a Master in Tax and Fiscal Law, and is a regular speaker at various seminars and conferences on commercial and insolvency matters.
He is a member of the Illustrious Bar Association of Las Palmas.
– Co-director of the book “Cuestiones actuales sobre Derecho Concursal; responsabilidad concursal del deudor, responsabilidad de los administradores y acuerdo extrajudicial de pago”. Civitas-Thomson Reuters. 2014.
– Professor of Tax Law. Master in Tourism. Hecansa. 2005-2008
– Lecturer. Insolvency expert course. Surveillance of compliance, non-compliance and effects of the agreement in the insolvency proceedings. Escoex. 2013.
– The application of Swaps Contracts in the Insolvency. IV Congress of Insolvency and Commercial Law of the Canary Islands.
– Vanilla Swaps. Chamber of Commerce of Las Palmas. Association of Construction Entrepreneurs and Developers of the Province of Las Palmas.
– The Spanish legal system in the sale and purchase of real estate: a brief outline. Chamber of Commerce of Las Palmas. Invest&Enjoy Gran Canaria.
TEL. +34 911 095 710